Jamaica – Family Travel
When you think of Jamaica, you don’t often think of a family vacation. After all, Jamaica is the birthplace of the adult only all-inclusive resort. But the Greater Antilles common-wealth of Jamaica, situated in the glimmering turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea is also a surprising family paradise. Boasting a delightfully distinct culture, mile upon mile of white-sand beaches, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls and utterly exquisite year-round weather, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more adventurous, fun-filled spot for a family getaway.
Here are some of our favorite family activities that should definitely be on your must see list:
- YS Falls: Opened in 1992, YS Falls is a natural attraction designed to allow visitors to experience the beauty of the Jamaican waterfalls and lush gardens. Climb the falls or play in the natural pool fed by underground and above ground springs, perfect for younger children.
- Scotchie’s: Jerk chicken is quintessential Jamaica. Experience authentic Jamaican cuisine at the best jerk chicken shack in the common-wealth, located in Montego Bay. The kids will love seeing the authentic pimento wood grill.
- Dunn’s River Falls and park: Dunn’s River Falls is iconic Jamaica. Located near OchoRios, this true Jamaican national treasure is fun for the whole family. Climb the rocky falls or watch from the deck or terrace. Eat a picnic lunch in the picnic area and then shop the local craft market or even take a donkey ride.
- Mystic Mountain: The ultimate adventure spot, Mystic Mountain offers ziplining, Sky Explorer chair lift tour, even bobsledding, inspired by the Jamaican Olympic bobsled team. Mystic Mountain is rated as one of the top attractions in Jamaica.
- Dolphin Discovery: Swimming with dolphins is one of the most common bucket list items. Check this one of your list with your whole family. Swim with dolphins, get up close and personal with the Dolphin Trek or even become a Sea Keeper for a Day. Feeling really brave…experience the sharks while you’re there.
The Tropical Travelers work with the best resorts to make your trip unforgettable. Contact us to start planning your vacation of a lifetime!